A FEW WORDS ON NONMETALLIC EXPANSION JOINTS
Nonmetallic expansion joints in sea water systems are failing and causing the flooding of engine rooms. The purpose of this article is to alert vessel owners, operators and inspectors to the situation, discuss proposed regulatory changes intended to remedy the problem, and provide guidance on how to ascertain the condition of nonmetallic joints.
- Journal article
- Koski, J D
- Publication Date: 1988-8
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Volume: 45
- Issue Number: No.5
- TRT Terms: Expansion joints; Failure; Nonmetals
- Old TRIS Terms: Sea water systems
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00655762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM