DEVELOPMENTS MAINTAIN MARKET DOMINANCE
Direct drive crosshead two-stroke diesels, which account for about 70 percent of the total installed horsepower in ships delivered each year, are available from three manufacturers: MAN-B&W, Sulzer and Mitsubishi. Progress and innovations at each of the three manufacturers are briefly reviewed. It is noted, too, that most ship power plants are now provided with alternators driven by the main engines and that an increasing number are additionally being equipped with exhaust gas turbine booster systems.
- Journal article; of slow speed diesels
- Publication Date: 1988-5
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Industries; Trend (Statistics); Two stroke cycle engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Crossheads; Product surveys; Slow speed diesels
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00655583
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM