THE ORIGINS AND HISTORY OF LIFTING APPLIANCES
This is an historical article that attempts to discover the origins of winches and lifting appliances and to trace their development from ancient times to the mid-1800s, with the appearance of overhead travelers and the use of steam power. This is followed by a description of various ways of driving crane mechanisms, from manpower to electric motors.
- Journal article
- Thelu, R
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 14 p.
- Bulletin Technique du Bureau Veritas
- Issue Number: No.1
- Publisher: Bureau Veritas
- Accession Number: 00655534
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM