TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND THE MARITIME INDUSTRY
This report comprises an unsolicited proposal by Forecasting International, Ltd., (FI), for consideration by the National Maritime Research Center (NMRC), Kings Point, NY. Under the terms of the proposal, FI would undertake an investigation into the potential benefits to the maritime industry as a whole, and to NMRC programs in particular, of the multi-lateral transfer of technology with other nations, government agencies or industrial concerns. Particular emphasis would be placed upon technologies involved in the development of CAORF and MCC (Marine Communications Center). The effort would culminate in a high-level symposium for experts from government, industry and academia that would initiate the process of technology transfer in this context, and establish the patterns for continuing interaction, and monitoring of the impacts upon the on- going NMRC programs.
- Report; DTIC distribution restrictions apply
Forecasting International LimitedArlington, VA United States
National Maritime Research CenterKings Point, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1975-2-26
- Features: References;
- Pagination: Various p.
- TRT Terms: Maritime industry; Technology transfer
- Old TRIS Terms: Caorf; National maritime research center
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00658517
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM