THREE ALTERNATIVE FUTURE SCENARIOS FOR THE MARITIME ENVIRONMENT
Three scenarios designed to provide plausible future alternatives in the maritime sector are presented. Each scenario is divided into two time frames--1980-1985 and 1985-2000--and incorporates probable combination of trends within a particular national and international context. The three projected alternative futures are: (1) a resource allocation scenario; (2) an expansive growth scenario; and (3) a hardship scenario.
- Report; For related document, see AN 10404
Forecasting International LimitedArlington, VA United States
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-7-21
- Pagination: Various p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Conservation; Economic factors; Forecasting; Maritime industry; Technological innovations; Trend (Statistics); Urban growth
- Uncontrolled Terms: Resource management
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00658513
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM