WILLIAM H. WEBB AND THE PACKET SHIP
This paper traces the role of William H. Webb, a prominent 19th century naval architect, in the design and construction of the packet ship, and presents a historical overview of packet liner service for the period 1818 to 1894.
- Report; Paper presented at Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, New York Metropolitan Section, September 20, 1989. Also published in Marine Technology, Vol.27, No.4, [July 1990], pp.191- 210
- Thomas, Wd
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: Various p.
- TRT Terms: History; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Naval architects; Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Overviews; Packet ships; William h. webb
- Subject Areas: Design; History; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00658386
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM