THE BASICS OF TRACK INSPECTION - PLUS OTHER HELPFUL KNOWLEDGE FOR THOSE WITH NEW RESPONSIBILITIES IN TRACK MAINTENANCE
In this article, the second of three installments, the author gives hints on how to check the condition of the track, especially gauge, discusses problems that can occur on curves in the presence of snow and ice, gives advice on inspection and maintenance of highway crossings, urges familiarity with operating and safety rules and discusses responsibilities in connection with communications, signals and bridges.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1763403
- See also RRIS 01 096546, RRIS Bulletin 7502.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Blanchard, L C
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Railway Track and Structures
- Volume: 71
- Issue Number: 6
- Publisher: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation
- ISSN: 0033-9016
- TRT Terms: Curves (Geometry); Gage (Rails); Ice; Inspection; Maintenance of way; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad tracks; Safety; Snow; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Track gauge; Track inspection
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00098050
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Track and Structures
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1976 12:00AM