U.S. NAVY COLD WEATHER HANDBOOK FOR SURFACE SHIPS
This Handbook provides information and guidance for fleet operations in cold weather areas. Topics dealt with include: general cold weather effect; preparation for fleet cold weather operations, meteorological conditions; forecasting sea ice and icebergs; protective clothing; routine operations in cold weather; ship ice accretion and removal; ship handling in cold weather; personnel and equipment safety; and medical considerations.
Chief of Naval OperationsWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1988-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: Various p.
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Handbooks; Health care; Ice; Icebergs; Icing; Military vessels; Protective clothing; Safety; Sea ice; Ship operations; Ship pilotage; Ships; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological aspects; Ship icing; Shiphandling
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00657532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM