MARITIME ADMINISTRATION MARITIME SATELLITE PROGRAM FACSIMILE EXPERIMENT TEST PLAN
This document comprises a plan for facsimile experiments that were to be carried out as part of the communication experiments being conducted via the maritime satellite by the Maritime Administration in Phase 4 of its Maritime Satellite Navigation/Communication Program. The plan covers test objectives and their implementation, data collection and evaluation techniques, and data presentation formats. The purpose of these experiments was to demonstrate to U.S.-flag maritime operators the usefulness of facsimile devices as a tool in fleet management operations. For related document see AN 10390.
- Report; For related document, see AN 10390
Magnavox Research LaboratoriesTorrance, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1976-6-29
- Features: References;
- Pagination: Various p.
- TRT Terms: Facsimile; Fleet management; Navigational satellites; Satellite communication; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipowners and operators
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00657453
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Contract Numbers: 5-37039
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM