TRANSPORT AND HANDLING GOODS IN THE YEAR 2000
PROSPECTIVES 2000 EN MATIERE DE TRANSPORT ET DE MANUTENTION
This article is divided into four parts. It deals firstly with predictions for imports and tonnage imported per category by rail, road, waterway and by pipe-line. The author then examines transport by inland waterway and containerisation, as well as the characteristics of the other transport modes: road, rail, long distance conveyance, pipe-line and integral track. He concludes with a comparison of the cost of these various modes of transport.
- Tischauser, M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Containerization; Demand; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Inland waterways; Intermodal transportation; Motor carriers; Pipelines; Transportation modes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Motor Carriers; Pipelines; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00096633
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM