RAILROAD-HIGHWAY GRADE CROSSING WARNING SYSTEMS
The selection of equipment components and the layout of a grade crossing warning installation should aim at attracting the attention of the motor vehicle operator and assist him in the exercise of his obligations. The object of this bulletin is to serve as a guide for those whose duties include promotion of safety at such crossings. The recommended practices contained in this bulletin are composite evaluations from sources in the railroad industry, Federal and state governments and manufacturers of grade crossing warning devices. These recommendations are intended to serve as guide lines only and are not to be taken or interpreted as absolute standards to be followed in all circumstances.
American National Standards Institute1430 Broadway
New York, NY United States 10018
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 32 p.
- ANSI Standard
- Issue Number: D8.1
- Publisher: American National Standards Institute
- TRT Terms: Grade crossing protection systems; Railroad grade crossings; Safety; Warning systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing protection
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00096615
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1976 12:00AM