EFFECT OF SURFACE ROUGHNESS ON THE FATIGUE LIMIT OF STEELS (AT ZERO MEAN STRESS)
This Item provides data on the zero mean stress fatigue limit of steels having rough surfaces. There is a variety of methods in use for the description of surface roughness; however, the peak-to-valley height measure is the most pertinent to fatigue situations and is used throughout this Item. Other methods and conversion to peak-to-valley height are discussed.
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Alloy steel; Failure; Roughness; Steel; Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Stress concentration
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095634
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N74027
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM