HANNIBAL AND CEASAR WERE ALIVE AND WELL...
Prior to construction of highways in Wyoming, routine checks are made for archaelogical relics. The Highway Department contacts the State Archaeologist, who studies the area. If relics are found, construction is delayed until the artifacts can be removed. If such a delay comes after construction has begun, the contractor must be payed downtime rates. An example is given of the archaeological survey prior to construction on I-80.
Wyoming Department of Transportation5300 Bishop Boulevard
Cheyenne, WY USA 82009-3340
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 10-11
- The Highwayman
- Publisher: Wyoming Department of Transportation
- TRT Terms: Archaeology; Contractors; Historic preservation; Road construction
- Subject Areas: Highways; History; Research;
- Accession Number: 00095593
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM