ON THE TWIN-HULL SHIP ( NO. 2 )
Non-symmetrical hull forms of twin-hull ships have already been described in Report No. 1. The theoretically expected advantage of twin-hull ships was not exhibited in that experiment, and for all speed ranges, resistance increased. In order to show this increase theoretically, it is necessary to study non-symmetrical hull forms in more detail. But, conducting experiments with symmetrical hull forms will not only give a check on theoretical predictions, but also it will provide valuable data on hull forms of twin-hull ships. In this report, experimental results on twin-hull ships with symmetrical hull forms and the related calculations are presented.
- Also published by Report of Transportation Technical Research Institute of Japan, Vol. 3, No. 3, 1953.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Yokoo, Koichi
- Tasaki, Ryo
- Publication Date: 1969-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- Issue Number: 034
- TRT Terms: Catamarans; Hulls; Wave resistance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship hulls
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00007028
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1972 12:00AM