DETERMINATION OF CONSTRAINTS OF THERMAL ORIGIN IN THE SOLID CAST WHEELS OF RAILWAY ROLLING STOCK
DETERMINATION DES CONTRAINTES D'ORIGINE THERMIQUE DANS LES ROUES MONOBLOCS DU MATERIEL FERROVIAIRE
Two methods are proposed for the mathematical study and determination of constraints and deformations in a disc and in a solid cast wheel subjected to shoe braking: the method of finite differences, where the partial derivatives are replaced by approximate formulae; the conventional method which consists in expressing the equilibrium of an elementary toric sector whose dimensions are stretched towards zero. The displacement equations are obtained on the basis of the equilibrium equations, and the constraints are expressed with the help of behavior relationships. Two examples illustrate the influence of the thermal gradient value, the position of the heat source and the form of the wheel on constraints of thermal origin.
- Doctoral thesis in Physical Sciences.
- Barbe, P
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 234 p.
- Universite Paris VI
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Mathematical models; Stresses; Thermal stresses; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Mathematical studies; Tread braking; Wheel design; Wheel stresses; Wheel thermal stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM