RAPID EXCAVATION AND TUNNELING CONFERENCE, PROCEEDINGS, 1974
Proceedings (in 2 volumes) of the 1974 Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference (R.E.T.C.), held at San Francisco, California on June 24-27, 1974, that was sponsored by the Am Soc of Civ Eng and the Am Inst of Min, Metall and Pet Eng. contains 115 papers (some as abstracts only). Main topics covered by the papers were: civil applications and planning; site investigation; planning construction; small- size tunnels; soil and rock mechanics; safety; environmental aspects; tunnel supports; materials handling; mining applications; shafts; legal aspects; engineering geology; tunneling machinery; as well as special techniques. Individual papers are provided with bibliographic references. Selected papers are indexed separately.
- This is a 2 volume report.
- Pattison, H C
- D'Appolonia, E
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 1843 p.
- TRT Terms: Excavation; Rock mechanics; Soil mechanics; Structural design; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Excavation technology
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095267
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM