HILMAR REKSTEN'S "LUCIAN" THE WORLD'S FIRST GAS TURBINE POWERED LNG TANKER
A description of the world's first liquefied natural gas carrier that is powered by a heavy-duty gas turbine which burns boil-off cargo is presented. Full descriptions of all cargo tanks, piping, cargo control and instrumentation, and cargo reliquefaction plant, as well as the machinery installation and vapor conditioning equipment are included. Safety equipment and installations, as well as auxiliary equipment, are also described in the article.
- Published in the LNG Supplement of Marine Week.
IPC Business Press Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC19 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Marine Week
- Publisher: IPC Business Press Limited
- TRT Terms: Boil off; Chemical tankers; Design; Gas turbines; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Propulsion; Ships; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiloff utilization
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095148
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM