ICING OF SHIPS
Reviews the meteorological factors influencing icing as well as rigging and superstructure design which produces the least ice accumulation. Discusses development of icing forecasts incorporated in regular weather forecasts for Icelandic waters. Ship losses due to loss of stability and IMCO criteria for fishing vessels is included. Methods and equipment to reduce danger from icing are recommended.
- Paper available only as part of the complete Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering Under Arctic Conditions (POAC), August 27-30, 1973.
Iceland UniversityDepartment of Engineering and Science
- Baroarson, H R
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: p. 185-202
- TRT Terms: Deicing; Ice prevention; Icing; Ship motion; Snow and ice control; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Icing processes; Ship stability
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00095026
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arctic Institute of North America
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM