SHIP MODEL TESTING IN ICE--POSSIBILITIES AND RELIABILITY
This paper deals with model tests performed in laboratory ice in general, and in particular with the testing and analyzing methods and the progress made at the research institute represented by the author, the Wartsila Icebreaking Model Basin (WIMB) of the Wartsila Helsinki Shipyard, Finland.
- Paper available only as part of the complete Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering Under Arctic Conditions (POAC), August 27-30, 1973.
Iceland UniversityDepartment of Engineering and Science
- Makinen, E
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: p. 115-137
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Ice; Ice formations; Ice phenomena; Resistance (Mechanics); Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice dynamics; Ice models; Ice resistance; Icefield simulation
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00095017
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arctic Institute of North America
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM