LEASE OR BUY ANALYSIS
A general lease-or-buy analysis program which displays results in a graphical format that allows the user to exercise his judgment on critical but ill defined variable - i.e. the future value of money and the residual value of ownership. Uses the present value discounting concept to compare alternative cash flows. Plots the difference in D'C'F' at various discount rates against a percentage of the total capital cost of the buy option.
- Direct requests to J' Laufgas, Department of Research, Canada Pacific.
Canadian Pacific LimitedWindsor Station
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3E4, Canada
- Gillis, R B
- Publication Date: 1968
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Capital investments; Computer programs; Cost effectiveness; Economic analysis; Finance; Leasing; Rate of return
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Ibm 370
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00098761
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Railway Engineering Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1976 12:00AM