SHIP VIBRATIONS: LECTURE NOTES
Complex representation of harmonic motions and forces; Seismic vibration measuring instruments; The vibration absorber; Marine shafting vibrations; The substitution system; Torsional vibrations, natural frequencies; Longitudinal vibrations, natural frequencies; Geared and branched torsional systems; Steady-state response analysis; Ship hull vibrations; Flexural, shear and torsional stiffness; Inertia forces; Differential equation of the vertical hull vibration; Differential equation of the torsional-horizontal hull vibration; Solution techniques, natural frequencies and mode shapes; Propeller excitation; Steady-State response; Prevention and cure of ship vibrations.
- Lecture Notes
University of Michigan, Ann ArborAnn Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Nowacki, Horst
- Publication Date: 1970-5
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 122 p.
- Issue Number: 045
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Propellers; Vibration; Vibration control
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull vibration; Propeller vibration; Vibration prevention
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00007025
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1972 12:00AM