COAL RESERVE BASE AND ANALYTICAL DATA
A computer tape giving a statistical breakdown of the Nation's coal reserve base is now available. The coal reserve base tape tabulates analyses of approximately 250,000 coal samples by State, county, coalbed, and preparation method (washed, partially washed, or "raw"), as well as by chemical and physical properties including sulfur, ash, and moisture content. According to the Bureau, the Nation's coal reserve base amounts to 437 billion tons. This is the amount that exists in measured and indicated deposits, identified with a high degree of certainty, that generally could be mined economically by conventional underground or surface techniques.
- The coal reserve base computer tape is available for $200.
Bureau of MinesDivision of Finance, Building 20
Denver, CO USA 80225
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Coal resources; Databases; Demand; Forecasting; Freight transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer tapes
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00097237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM