DOCUMENTATION PROCEEDINGS OF THE 4TH EUROPEAN SYMPOSIUM ON URBAN DATA MANAGEMENT, MADRID, 16-19 APRIL 1974
Thirty papers are presented on topics which include integrated spatial information system for local planning, a population growth and simulation procedure, socio-economic models, information system for statistics in Spain, geocoding methods and a demonstration of computers in planning and management. An integrated information system for management and planning, data access control issues with planning information systems, and the data access controls in municipal government are examined. Planning and information systems for regional planning are considered as well as computer support for municipal management, proposals for data base language, and the features of a data descriptive methodology. Local authority management information system, data bank for underground networks, an integral municipal information system for new cities, micro-level data systems in the urban planning process, and urban information systems are some other topics covered. A central property register in Oslo, an integrated system with special reference to locational distribution and mapping capabilities and the price and problems of urban information system data quality are reviewed. Experiences in Spain, France, Belgium Canada, Norway, Great Britain, Germany, Sweden, and the U.S. are covered.
- The proceedings are reprinted from the papers available at the symposium, published jointly by PTRC and DATUM- Dokumentations. and Ausbitdungszentrum fuer Theorie und Methode der Regionalforeschung e.V., D5304 Bonn-Bad Godesberg, Postfach 4030-and edited by Hans Hansen and Christine Penitzka.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxdord Street
London W1, England
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- TRT Terms: City government; Coding systems; Computers; Geographic information systems; Information processing; Information systems; Local transportation; Location; Mapping; Mathematical models; Peak periods; Population growth; Regional transportation; Simulation; Socioeconomic factors; Traffic; Transportation planning; Urban areas
- Old TRIS Terms: Local traffic
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society;
- Accession Number: 00096933
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM