PHILADELPHIA CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT PARKING RATE EXPERIMENT
This project is designed to investigate public response to an experimental rate structure of an off-street parking facility which would provide a short-term (non-commuter) parker with a marked rate advantage so as to stimulate transient-type activity at the expense of the all-day (commuter) parker. The purpose of the project was to maximize use of transportation related facilities with a relative minimum expenditure of capital.
- Abstract in UMTA Abstracts, Feb/March 1975, p. 3.
Delaware Valley Regional Planning CommissionBourse Building, 21 South 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19106
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; Energy; Off street parking; Parking duration; Public opinion; Rates; Time duration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Short term
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society;
- Accession Number: 00095364
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: DC-06-0062
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM