VANDALISM SUPPRESSION BY HELICOPTER. PRELIMINARY EXPLORATION
The research project is a preliminary exploration into procedures, applications and effects of helicopter surveillance of commuter and freight railroad facilities in an urban environment. The project was conducted in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area in the Spring and Summer of 1972 for the Federal Railroad Administration and with the cooperation of the Penn Central Transportation Company and the Reading Railroad. An attempt was made to document effects of the helicopter patrol and to provide insight into the requirements of a more exhaustive program to attain statistical validation of observed impact of helicopter use.
- See also RRIS 12 052071 7402 and 153082 7702.
Naval Ammunition DepotCrane, Indiana,
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Aylworth, C E
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- TRT Terms: Crimes; Freight security; Freight terminals; Helicopters; Intermodal terminals; Law enforcement; Laws; Loss and damage; Passenger security; Police patrol; Prevention; Property; Railroad terminals; Railroad transportation; Safety; Security; Statistical analysis; Surveillance; Urban transportation; Vandalism
- Identifier Terms: Penn Central Transportation Company
- Uncontrolled Terms: Property damage
- Geographic Terms: Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Old TRIS Terms: Air surveillance; Reading company
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00092224
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OPPD-74-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-AR-20013
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM