OIL SPILLAGE MONITORING, SAMPLING AND RECOVERY SYSTEMS
Basic technology utilized by Durham Associates, Inc. in oil spillage monitoring sampling and recovery systems is presented. Hydrophobic (lipophilic) materials are used which selectively allow penetration of soil while preventing penetration of water through the material. Potential applications are discussed.
- Special publication on Marine Pollution Monitoring (Petroleum). Proceedings of a symposium and workshop held at NBS, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 3/13-17/74.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD United States
- Zahka, J G
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: p. 89-90
- TRT Terms: Detectors; Dispersers; Monitoring; Oil sorbents; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil detection; Oil recovery systems; Oil spill dispersants; Oil spill monitoring
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098199
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Bureau of Standards
- Report/Paper Numbers: #409
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM