This article reviews electric railway overhead wire construction practices as used by street railways and by interurban lines. Although written for railfans, the article contains much excellent technical material on electric railway overhead wire practices, and is largely based on American Electric Railway Association material. Trolley wire, catenary, pole installation, backbone, and other types of construction are covered.
- This article is contained in the book "Traction Guidebook for Model Railroads", edited by Mike Schafer, Kalmbach Books, 1974.
Kalmbach Publishing Company21027 Crossroads Circle
P.O. Box 1612
Waukesha, WI United States 53187-1612
- Clouser, W J
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 67-76
- TRT Terms: Contact wire; Electric power transmission; Light rail transit; Streetcars
- Old TRIS Terms: Power collection
- Subject Areas: Energy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095669
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1981 12:00AM