FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF A COMPUTER SIMULATION TO PREDICT THE VISIBILITY DISTANCE PROVIDED BY HEADLAMP BEAMS
This report describes some extensions to a computer simulation program for the evaluation of headlamp beams in terms of visibility and glare of drivers. In particular the effects of glare of headlamps reflected in rearview mirrors, horizontal and vertical road curvature, and a glare discomfort index are incorporated. Those capabilities are illustrated. A listing of the program and a manual discribing its use are included as appendices.
- Sponsored by Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Becker, J M
- Mortimer, R G
- Publication Date: 1974-11-26
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Glare; Headlamps; Rearview mirrors; Simulation; Visibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Rear view
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00099584
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-HF-74-26 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UM7204-C128
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM