UNIQUE BARGE FOR "HOT" CARGOES
A background report on the barge "Atomic Servant". This special barge has been designed to service the NS Savannah nuclear fuel reactor. A special problem of nuclear propulsion is the storage of radioactive waste and spent fuel elements prior to decontamination and disposal. Special features are designed into the barge to protect the public from these radioactive wastes.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
- Available as a reference at Maritime Administration, Office of Research and Development, Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C., 20230.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Andrea, M I
- Publication Date: 1960-7
- Pagination: p. 58-60
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Refueling; Spent reactor fuels; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00026324
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM