BEARING CAPACITY OF FLOATING ICE PLATE SUBJECTED TO STATIC OR QUASI-STATIC LOADS. A CRITICAL SURVEY
This report contains a critical survey of the literature on the bearing capacity of floating ice plates. It consists of a discussion of general questions, a critical survey of analytical attempts to determine the bearing capacity of floating ice plates, and a survey of field and laboratory tests on floating ice plates and their relation to the analytical results. The paper concludes with a systematic summary of the results, a discussion of observed shortcomings, and suggestions for needed investigations.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Kerr, A D
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Ice floes; Icing; Loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice carrying capacity; Ice loads
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00099456
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 333 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM