OIL IN THE ARCTIC
The report describes the results of several researches on the behavior of oil spilled in the arctic. Included are studies on evaporation, spreading and maximum extent of oil spilled on ice, and the behavior of oil spilled under ice. Physically sound theories are developed which correlate well with laboratory and field data.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Civil Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
- Hoult, D P
- Wolfe, S
- O'Dea, S
- Patureau, J P
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 218 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Oil spills
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill behavior; Oil spreading dynamics
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00099448
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-96-75 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-12438-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM