A STUDY OF DYNAMIC LOADS CAUSED BY LIQUID SLOSHING IN LNG TANKS. VOLUME I. TEXT AND FIGURES
The effects of fluid properties on scaling liquid sloshing pressures and forces were investigated. Sloshing pressures and forces were measured in both prismatic and spherical tanks for a range of fill depths, excitation amplitudes and frequencies. Loads on internal tank components, such as pump towers, were also determined for spherical tanks.
NORSKE VERITASOSLO, Norway
- Olsen, H A
- Hysing, T
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 299 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic loads; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Ship motion; Sloshing; Tankers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099447
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 74-276-C, MA-RD-920-75040
- Contract Numbers: MA-3-36282
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM