A TECHNICAL REPORT ON A MICHIGAN STATE RAILROAD PLAN
This report is one product of a continuing study of the railroad system of the State of Michigan for the purpose of developing a State Railroad Plan. Federal Railroad Administration supported this planning, and a similar effort in Wisconsin, as pilot efforts at statewide railroad system planning, an activity for which there is no precedent. The chapters: Background on the railroad system of Michigan; Analyses made with a statewide perspective; Methodology and analysis of lines identified for possible service termination; Possible service and traffic changes on lines identifed for possible termination; Discussion of alternative state railroad policies; Summary and suggestions for future railroad planning needs.
- This report was prepared for the Railroad Planning Section, Bureau of Transportation Planning, Department of State Highways and Transportation, Lansing, Michigan 48904.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15206
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 122 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Policy; Regional planning; Traffic forecasting; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Michigan
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00099363
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM