AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT
This assessment of Personal Rapid Transit and other forms of Automated Guideway Transportation has been prepared in response to a request from the U.S. Senate Committee on Appropriations. Its objectives: To provide the Committee with information on the current status and social and economic aspects of Automated Guideway Transit development; to assess the key problems associated with AGT as preceived by potential riders, the communities and the transit industry; to identify major policy issues and automated guideway transit program alternatives and to explore their implications. It is concluded that to date the Federal AGT R&D program has not produced the direct results which could be reasonably expected from an expenditure of $95 million.
- Record URL:
- This report was prepared at the request of the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Transportation Subcommittee.
United States CongressOffice of Technology Assessment
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Features: Appendices; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 399 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automated vehicle control; Benefit cost analysis; Development; Federal government; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit; Policy; Research; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Automated guideway systems; Automated transit system; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00099351
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1982 12:00AM