FACTORS AFFECTING DESIGN STRESSES IN MARINE PROPELLERS
The paper is concerned with the development of a satisfactory basis for assessing design stresses. An attempt is made to trace the prime factors involved and details are given of corrosion fatigue tests at various mean stresses on propeller alloys in the form of heavy castings. A new philosophy of design stressing has been evolved taking these various factors into account.
- Paper presented at Propellers 75, Philadelphia, Pa., July 22-23, 1975.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Webb, AWO
- Eames, CFW
- Tuffrey, A
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Blade loading; Corrosion; Excitation; Fatigue (Mechanics); Propellers; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Corrosion fatigue; Propeller corrosion; Propeller excitation; Propeller stresses
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099349
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM