A PRACTICAL ANALYSIS PROCEDURE FOR MARINE PROPELLERS USING CURVED FINITE ELEMENTS
The paper concerns the development of techniques which take full advantage of the capabilities of curved finite elements as applied to the problem of stress analysis of marine propellers. The advantages of the proposed techniques are discussed in regard to data generation, analysis and presentation of results. Hypothetical and conventional propeller forms are analyzed in order to verify and show the capabilities of the proposed techniques.
- Paper presented at Propellers 75, Philadelphia, Pa., July 22-23, 1975.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Atkinson, P
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Blade loading; Blades (Machinery); Finite element method; Propellers; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Blade stresses; Propeller stresses
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099347
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM