PROPELLER BLADE LOADING IN NON-UNIFORM FLOW
The results are presented of model measurements of the unsteady forces on one blade of a propeller behind a single screw merchant ship. During the tests the propeller loading, the number of blades and the drift angle were varied as parameters. Moreover the installation required for the measurements and the method are described.
- Paper presented at Propellers 75, Philadelphia, Pa., July 22-23, 1975.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Blaurock, J
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Blade loading; Blades (Machinery); Mechanical loads; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Blade stresses; Propeller loading
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099345
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM