STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF PROPELLERS ROTATING UNDER WATER USING HOLOGRAPHY
A structural analysis has been performed on a marine propeller blade model operating under water. Holographic interferometry was used to measure the three-dimensional displacement components from which changes in the angle of attack, loads, and surface stresses were determined.
- Paper presented at Propellers 75, Philadelphia, Pa., July 22-23, 1975.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Sikora, J P
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Blade loading; Holography; Mechanical loads; Propellers; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Holographic techniques; Propeller loading; Propeller stresses
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099339
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: #13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM