A SIMULATION MODEL FOR PLANNING DUAL-MODE SYSTEMS
The adequacy of the existing techniques in performing the tasks related to the planning of dual-mode transit systems is evaluated and a new model to enhance the analytical capability of the planners is presented. The network analysis and operations analysis phases of the transportation planning process are examined and the limited scope of analysis with programs of the UMTA Transportation Planning Systems (UTPS) is pointed out. A new simulation model for dual-mode systems is described which incorporates the demand responsive characteristics of the system and provides an additional tool in operations analysis. The model which is based on several assumptions, is applied (for illustrative purposes) to a hypothetical problem.
- Sponsored by UMTA.
Marquette UniversityTransportation Program
Milwaukee, WI United States 53233
- Heintz, T J
- Chatterjee, A
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Demand responsive transportation; Dual mode transportation systems; Highway planning; Information processing; Network analyzers; Operations; Simulation; Traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operational analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00099333
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM