MEASUREMENT OF ROADWAY ROUGHNESS AND AUTOMOBILE RIDE ACCELERATION SPECTRA
The present study is designed to support an overall program for the evaluation and establishment of ride quality criteria in transportation systems. This investigation, which is restricted to the automobile, outlines the procedures and equipment employed to measure, record, and analyze automotive vibrations and highway or roadway roughness. Detailed automobile vibration responses and corresponding roadway roughness have been measured and recorded here for 20 different roadway sections which are typical of those found in the Austin, Travis County, Texas, area. Our highway roughness models are also compared to some of the roughness models found in the literature.
University of Texas, AustinCouncil for Advanced Transportation Studies
Austin, TX United States 78712
- Healey, A J
- Stearman, R O
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Riding qualities; Roughness; Test sections; Transportation; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Pavements; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00099318
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: RR13 Res. Rept.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30093
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM