ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING AS AN AUXILIARY IN RELIABILITY AND PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE STUDIES OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT VEHICLES
Studies reveal a tendency for transport undertakings to use procedures of the kind used by manufacturing industries for the organization of work on periodical maintenance and overheul operations. Completely new ground, however, has to be broken in this context as regards procedures and rates of production. The general concepts which form the basis of already existing systems must to be adapted to the specific needs of transportation undertakings. The maintenance of vehicles comprises 3 operations (maintenance, overhauling, and repair) organization of the undertaking must be divided into 5 labor units and 3 managerial units. The programming and initiation of maintenance and overhaul work is discussed, and the technical and managerial control of maintenance and overhaul operation s is detailed. Accident repairs and spare parts record are also discussed. The results and analysis of results of 86 replies to a questionnaire survey are presented.
- Presented at the 41st International Conference of the International Union of Public Transport, Nice, France, 1975.
Brussels, Belgium BE-1080
- Sasso, S
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Information processing; Maintenance; Preventive maintenance; Public transit; Questionnaires; Rehabilitation (Maintenance); Repairing; Transportation operations; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programming; Repairs
- Old TRIS Terms: Overhaul; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099300
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM