GAS-COOLED REACTOR FOR SHIP PROPULSION. PART 2
Reports on the feasibility of zirconium hydride as the moderator material for a gas-cooled reactor for ship propulsion are presented. Discusses U02 as the fuel to be present in the reactor dispersed in stainless steel and clad with the same material.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GA-87-Pt-2.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA United States 02169
- Sharp, R
- Publication Date: 1957-4-8
- TRT Terms: Design; Materials selection; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear reactor coolants; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials evaluation; Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027540
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GA-87-Pt-2 Feas Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-118
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM