TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES WORKSHOP: PASSENGER, FREIGHT AND PARKING
Papers and reports presented at the three-day workshop on Transportation Facilities are published here. The papers which examine policies in conflict, present the government and industry perspectives on the subject of transportation, energy and the environment. The workshop papers cover transit station planning and design; the freight industry response to the transportation energy crisis; transportation control plans and their impacts upon urban parking; air terminal planning and design; freight consolidation; and the development of parking programs for tomorrow's environment.
- The Transportation Facilities Workshop was held in New York from May 22-24, 1974. Co-sponsored by the American Society of Civil Engineers, Carnegie-Mellon University, Transportation Research Institute and the Metropolitan Association of Urban Designers and Environmental Planners.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Kraft, W H
- FRUIN, J J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 558 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport operations; Airports; Design; Energy; Energy resources; Environmental impacts; Freight terminals; Freight transportation; Governments; Industries; Intermodal terminals; Parking; Passenger transportation; Railroad stations; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport management; Cargo transportation; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00099284
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1981 12:00AM