SAFETY PRIORITIES IN RAIL RAPID TRANSIT. VOLUME 2 - EXHIBITS
This report contains the exhibits of the Volume 1 report, a report which develops a program to identify what should be done to aid in assuring that rail rapid transit safety continues to produce the lowest number of fatalities of any of the major passenger transportation modes. Exhibits are: (1) Work Statement; (2) Project Implementation Plan; (3) Safety Advisory Board; (4 & 5) Safety Advisory Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes; (6) Safety Advisory Board Committee Meeting Minutes; (7) Montreal Fire Report; (8) Compilation of Safety Related Items; (9) Accident Source Items Final Listing; (10) TDC Monograph Series 500 "Transit Flammability Requirements" 500-3; (11) UITP - Combustibility of Material Used in the Construction of Modern Rolling Stock; (12) Work Statement on Non-metallic Materials; (13) Consultants Report on Fire Safety of Materials; (14) Engineering for Fire Safety of Rail Rapid Mass Transit Systems - SRI; (15) TDC Monograph Series 500 "Smokeless Cable" 500-2; (16) NASA Problem Statement No. 72-04-025 Smokeless Non-toxic Cable; (17) Fire Extinguishing System - 8-74; (18) Work Statement The Development of a Method and Equipment for Early Detection of Fire, etc; (19) a proposed Study of Accidents on Fixed Stairs in Rapid Transit Stations - E. Novell; (20) Proposed Work Statement "Design, Test and Acceptance Criteria for Transparencies; (21) Work Statement for the Production and Distribution of a Safety Film on Mass Transit; and 6 other exhibits with relevancy to the main report.
- Sponsorship was by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, DOT. See also Safety Priorities in Rail Rapid Transit. Volume 1 - Report. Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-242952/SET.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1730 M Street, NW, Suite 911
Washington, DC USA 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Connell, W M
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 280 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash causes; Electrical equipment; Fires; Hazards; Passenger cars; Poisons; Rail transit facilities; Rapid transit; Safety; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrical equipment hazards; Passenger car design; Windows
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00099185
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0091-75-2Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 2003 12:00AM