TRACK TRAIN DYNAMICS INTERACTION. SECOND CONFERENCE, VOLUME 2
These proceedings record the accomplishments of Phase I of the International Government-Industry Research Program on Track Train Dynamics by December 1974. The papers in this volume; Locomotive Tests and Model; Locomotive Curving and Hunting Models; Truck Component Characterization; Roller Bearing Characterization; Freight Car System Tests; Introduction to Truck Hunting, Curving and Ride Quality Problems; Truck-Carbody Model; Rock and Roll Report; Methodology for Car Characterization Via Simplified Mathematic Models; Mathematical Model; Characterizing Alignment Control; Lateral Stability Tests; Quasi-Static Lateral Train Stability Model; Introduction to L/V; L/V Testing; L/V Model; Vertical Train Stability Efforts; An Investigation of Factors Contributing to Wide Gage on Tangent Railroad Track; Application of Models to Investigate Operating and Component Parameters; Canadian Research Activities in Connections with Track-Train Dynamics; Introduction to Phase II.
- Proceedings of an International Government-Industry Research Program on Train-Track Dynamics conference held at Chicago, Illinois, 4-6 December 1974. The cost of the 2 volumes is $20.00.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 450 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Gage (Rails); Hunting (Dynamics); Mathematical models; Ride quality; Rocking; Rolling; Simulation; Steering; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car design; Rock and roll; Track gauge
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00099180
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1976 12:00AM