TRACK TRAIN DYNAMICS INTERACTION. SECOND CONFERENCE, VOLUME 1
These proceedings record the accomplishments of Phase I of the International Government-Industry Research Program on Track Train Dynamics by December 1974. The papers in this volume: The Role of Research in Solving Problems for the Industry; Impact "TTD" Program Will Have on Railroad Operations; General Review; Philosophy of Interim Guidelines; Current Applications of Guidelines by Railroads; Collection and Analysis of Engineman Sensitivity Data; Power Force Indicator; Slack-Buff Indicator; Train Tonnage Profile; Philosophy of Modeling Techniques for Evaluating Train Operations; Steel Coil Train Test; Characterization of Air Brake Systems; Characterization of Cushioning Devices; Analysis of Draft Gear Data; Train Performance Calculator; Detail Train Action Model; Application of Models in the Railroad Industry; Use of Computer Models in Task 11 of Phase I of TTD Research Project.
- Proceedings of an International Government-Industry Research Program on Train-Track Dynamics conference held at Chicago, Illinois, 4-6 December 1974. The cost of the 2 volumes is $20.00
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 317 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Cushioning materials; Gears; Human factors; Locomotive engineers; Mathematical models; Simulation; Train operations; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Draft gears
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Cushioning; Operating strategies; Train performance calculator
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099179
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM