BREATHALYSED DRIVERS - TO COURT OR CLINIC?
Drinking drivers who are apprehended and breathalysed by the police have, as a group, traffic conviction records which differ considerably from those of the driving population at large. Serious offences such as dangerous driving, failing to stop after an accident, driving while disqualified, are ten times as frequent among breathalysed drivers as among those in the general population.
- Presented at the World Federation for Mental Health Congress, Sydney, Australia, Oct. 1973.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- RAYMOND, A
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Blood alcohol levels; Bridge superstructures; Driver records; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Traffic conviction
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00099168
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARR #18
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM