OPTIMAL DESIGN AND OPERATION OF FREEWAY INCIDENT DETECTION-SERVICE SYSTEMS
This report describes optimization techniques which have been developed and applied for the evaluation of design and operations of freeway incident detection-service systems. The report has four major parts: (1) analysis and design of stationary service systems; (2) analysis and design of incident detection algorithms; (3) analysis and design of incident response systems; and (4) analysis and design of freeway on-ramp traffic-responsive control methodology for normal and incident conditions.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation and Traffic Engineering
Berkeley, CA United States
- May, A D
- Chow, W M
- Eldor, M
- Lu, C K
- Saskasita, M
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Control; Cost effectiveness; Freeway operations; Motorist aid systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00099131
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-75-92 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40014
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM