ANNUAL REPORT 1975, TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH BOARD, NATIONAL RESEARCH COUNCIL
This annual report which provides a directory of officers, executive committee and directors, staff organization and responsiblities, and committees and task force structure, also reviews the regular and special technical activities of the board, the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) and the administrative aspects of the Board. Major emphasis in the Group (1) on Transportation Systems Planning and Administration were on the following: activities in the Environmental Quality and Conservation of Resources Section; task forces to review activities and coordinate research; and conducting special workshops and conferences. The group (2) on Design and Construction of Transportation Facilities continued to address problems associated with environmental and safety concerns, energy shortages, and economic realities. Group (3) on Operation and Maintenance of Transport Facilities has initiated the following 4 studies: compatibility of standards, vehicle research needs, energy conservation, and areawide car pooling. Special conferences and workshop programs, and activities in new areas of interest are briefly outlined. Activities of the Legal Resources Group, and the Special Committees on International Activities, Public Information, Rail and Air Transport Activities are reviewed. The Special Technical Activities summarized here include the following: the NCHRP Synthesis of existing information relating to highway problems; writing of papers related to right-of-way and legal problems; the Highway Research Information Service and other information services including the Transportation Research Information Services Network. The activities of the NCHRP are reviewed and publications released by them in 1975 and tentative (1976) projects are listed. The Transportation Research Board's publication program is summarized, the members of the Board are listed, and the financial statement is presented.
- Digital Copy:
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Carpools; Case studies; Conservation; Construction; Design; Directories; Documents; Energy resources; Environmental control; Highway transportation; Information systems; Legal documents; Maintenance practices; Natural resources; Railroad transportation; Research; Reviews; Safety; Transportation; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis; Operation and maintenance; Publications; Transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Legal studies; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Energy; Environment; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00099113
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM