SOME EFFECTS OF LOW AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE ON THE PERFORMANCE AND EXHAUST EMISSION OF ENGINES
The present contribution relates mainly to a discussion of the role of low ambient air temperatures on the performance and exhaust emissions of engines in general and particularly in relation to observations made on two laboratory engines; a spark ignition and a compression ignition diesel engine of the direct injection type. These engines were operated warm but with variable intake temperature conditions down to very low values. /SAE/
- Presented at the 9th Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Karim, G A
- Aliyu, A I
- Khanna, S
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Compression; Diesel engines; Engines; Exhaust gases; Ignition; Laboratory tests; Pollutants; Temperature
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099039
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #749106
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM